Hey everyone,

Something I've been thinking quite a lot about recently is the concept of 'Personal Style' in photography. I've found this quite a challenging subject with heaps to think about and lots of different ideas to explore. Many great photographers have a particular 'style' of photography, whether it's a particular subject matter, genre, tendencies in post processing, angles, black and white, over-saturated, whatever the case may be, many photographers have identified the thing that makes them individual and different, it's entirely their style.

I've been looking at myself and looking at my images, and it seems that I tend to dabble in everything, often seeking inspiration from a few members on here, or through some of my favourite photographers to replicate or create similar images to the ones that strike me. However I've started to steer away from that now and focus on my own personal style.

Problem is, I'm having huge dramas defining what my personal style is, so I wanted to create a thread, not for suggestions on a personal style, but how each member has come to define their style. I'm interested to know how you came to find what your particular style is, in the hope that it can stir something up in myself, and obviously for the benefit of all our members.