User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  18

Thread: Oops, my first DMCA take-down notice!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Hey John, lighten up a bit.

I can't quite see how the rather erroneous references to conspiracy theories sit with the discussion but I will answer you questions....
    Only because no one has submitted any evidence/proof that refutes that RB is NOT run from Melb as per their own statement on their website. I have no reason to doubt RB's statement, but I also don't care either way. The Russian Mafia could run it for all I care. So my issue is with random unsupported comments, that's all.

Re Kubrick. He started his working life as a photographer but soon started to make movies. Clockwork Orange is probably the most challenging of his movies to watch. It's also confronting on a few levels. It's also not a 'typical' Kubrick film but no such thing exists anyway. Almost all of his relatively few films are very different to each other. In some respects it's hard to tell they where all made by the same person.

2001, Eyes Wide Shut, The Shinning, Full Metal Jacket, and maybe Lolita are arguably his best and most interesting work. Sparticus is a beautiful film but was not really a Kubrick film although he did direct it (only after the original director was sacked). Barry Lyndon is of interest to many photogs due to Kubricks adaption and use of a 0.7/50mm Zeiss lens made for NASA and which allowed him to shoot some scenes using only existing candle light.

You can't watch one Kubrick film and have a sense of his style or work, and I'm not sure you can even after seeing most of his films many times over. In any case, I would never recommend A Clockwork Orange as the first and only Kubrick film to see. That might require therapy.
    Last edited by jjphoto; 18-01-2014 at 6:42pm.