There is still and enormous amount I have to learn so Im looking for a camera that can do quite allow but im not wanting a professional quality camera. My interests are varied from nature/wildlife (birds especially), sports, architecture are ones that come to mind.. Though I dont like to set limits as im always open to try new things.. I also like to occasionally shot some video too , so video performance on the camera is of some importance..

As I currently have no investment in lens Im a clean slate but I dont want to lock myself into a brand and find myself with limited lens options as I progress.

The cameras I have been considered are:

Nikon D5200 - Logical menu structure, 39 AF points, pivot screen, 24m/pixels, excellent video quality. Kits lens are apparently better than most. Excellent lens choices available.

Sony NEX 6 - Small, light, Fast burst mode, good video. Charging through USB cable annoying, query about lens options, no menus (just long lists of options)..

Both these cameras have a 1/4000sec shutter speed.. Given that im wanting to shoot birds and live sport/action, would I be better off looking at cameras with faster shutter speeds (1/6000-1/8000) e.g. Pentax K5 II , Sony A series (A65,A77) or Nikon 7000

As a beginner should i just get kit len(s) or get body and invest in one quality lens?