I was with some friends at work the other day. And the subject of copyright came up... Blah Blah Blah. (I had my camera, I was about to do team photos)
But then it got interesting. As Rick would know, the health industry is extremely annul in relation to confidentiality. The subject came up about uses of mobile phones, iPads, Tablets and other devices that staff and clients have.

The marketing manager, and risk manager then put to me whether our current consent form cuts the mustard. And when a new employee starts, should they have a clause in the employment contract that covers all sorts of media?

As we all know the signs that say "Turn your mobile phone off" never works. As I have seen at reception people using them. And I myself carry two at work as part of my job.

Now an example would be; (And may never happen) A famous person comes to visit one of our doctors. A person in the waiting room takes an image of that person, and places it on facebook, with were it was taken, and then states that the famous person was terminally ill, or pregnant.

Now, as a company are we liable for not providing enough security/confidentiality to protect our clients. Or is the image taker (Owner of copyright) liable for taking the image in the first place.

I know a community health centre is a public place in theory, or is it.???

Thanks for any advice. Knowing that what may be said isn't legally binding. But a little of your thoughts may point us in the right direction.