Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular Geoff Port's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An interesting encounter with the boss

Last week we witnessed the erection of a new communications tower here in town. 50 meters tall,taking the place of two rather old 30 meter towers.
    I spent most of one day last week photographing the actual erection process. One of the 77 shots I took can be viewed below.

The riggers working on the job asked if I'd give them copies of the take. No problem. Tell the boss I'm available for other jobs for the cost of expenses and a reasonable hourly rate . Never let a chance go by.
    The next day in the afternoon my boss calls me into the office and says that he has some great shots of the mast being erected. he brings them up on the computer and there are MY photos. When I tell him that they are copyrighted and he needs my permission to use them he just laughed and said He won't worry about any copy wright.
    Now here's the rub. I actually spent most of the day taking the shots while on my employers payroll so morally if feel that I can't say much about him using the photos if he wants.
    Any thoughts?
    And would you believe it. The photo I pick to put up on AP has a massive smudge at the top near the jib head.
    Last edited by Geoff Port; 11-05-2013 at 7:17pm.
    Geoff Portbury owns,

EOS 60D and a couple of lenses.