Firstly apologies for not being around of late. Work is very busy at the moment...

I currently have a 5D Mk3 and 24-70 f2.8L and always seem to be stiching pano's together because the 24 isnt quite wide enough. Have fancied a wide angle for a while, but could never really bring myself to spend the $$!!

Anyway, last night the mrs told me that she would like to go to New York for Christmas... Never one to miss an opportunity (for travel, photo oportunities (or photo gear!!)) I said "good idea". Ive never been to NY before but I can imaging LOTS of people, lots of big things Id like to shoot photograph and not a lot of space. Im also thinking indoors that the light may be limited and so would like something fast (I dont have a flash) so I dont have to crank the ISO up too far.

Despite reading a lot about the 17-40L f4, 10-22 and 16-35L f2.8, I quickly started gravitating toward the 16-35 L f2.8 Mkii and that this should be the lens to buy or rent for a few weeks. Then I started thinking about when all things are equal, how much actual difference is there between 16 and 24mm? i.e. How much more could I fit in the frame and is that extra (bit of??) frame worth the $.

Does anyone have any (or links to) images taken where all things remain constant apart from the focal length, ie 16mm compared to 24mm? I had a quick google and couldn't find anything.

Assuming I end up with one of the above mentioned lenses I would also take the 24-70 and I suspect leave the 70-200 f2.8 at home - good idea or not do you think?

Open ended thread I know, but thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Thx
Jon