Ok so this is my experience - I ordered a couple of items on the 23rd of Jan, was told they would take 7-10 working days to arrive so I went ahead and oredered. I received an email saying check the website for status which said "order in process" and at this point I was charged, just over $2K for the items.

A couple of days later Ihad not heard anything again so I checked the website again and it still said "order in process", 7 working days later I called and left a message on their message service which said they would call back the same day (they didn't) I again called the next day and still no message returned so I visited the store in North Sydney and I was told it would be 7-10 working days and they would contact me.

11 working days since I placed the order I still hadn't heard anything so I again called and was told it would be ready to pick up the following Tuesday or Wednesday (this would make it 15 working days since the order). The following week I called up and was told that due to the Chinese New Year the items would not arrive till the following week, 18-19 days since the order.

Well I have finally received the items and I understand that things get held up (or more to the point forget to be ordered) but for the customer to have to follow the order thoughout the whole process is crazy, I received zero information and I wonder, if I had not followed them up every few days I think I would still be without my gear and be minus $2K out of my bank account.