Hi all

I'm preparing for a hiking trip to the Tassie highlands later this month and spent some time looking around for solutions. I'm doing a multi-day hike so I was after a bag that had plenty of space for gear plus my camera equipment. I was looking closely at the F-stop series, but I was unsure about their capacities (their largest bag is a bit under 60 litres). I did like their ICU system though so I got to thinking I could add one of those to a more dedicated hiking pack.

I spent a lot of time looking at various options and eventually settled on the Deuter Air-contact 75+10 (75 litres). This is a really high quality hiking pack with an excellent harness system, but it also has two key features - a separate bottom compartment with front access, and nice large side pockets for carrying my tripod. After some careful measurement I came to the conclusion that a medium pro ICU from F-stop would fit perfectly in the bottom compartment, so out came the credit card.

The ICU arrived today and it fits perfectly! As you can see in the photos, the ICU is a great fit in the bottom compartment. I forgot to take a pic with my quick attempt at fitting my gear, but the following was easy:

- D7000
- Nikon 70-300VR
- Nikon 35/1.8
- Nikon 50/1.8
- Tokina 11-16
- SB600
- Cokin P series holder, adapters and filters
- Small accessory bag with spare batteries, charger, remote, etc.

That still leaves the long compartment in the top right of the pic empty.

I thought I would share in case anyone else was looking for a similar set up. Paid less than $400 all up.

Cheers

Shane

Deuter_Med_ICU_1-2.jpgDeuter_Med_ICU_2-2.jpgDeuter_Med_ICU_3-2.jpgDeuter_Med_ICU_4-2.jpg