Quote Originally Posted by norwest View Post
Agreeing to doing a wedding without a minimum of a backup body, be it paid or otherwise is irresponsible for those that should know otherwise and better suited to those whom refuse to know better or beginners whom have yet to learn better. The analogies used in this thread to justify the risk are nothing short of ridiculous.
"irresponsible.... refuse to know better..... yet to learn better.... nothing short of ridiculous."

I can tell that you are angry, but no matter how much I read your post, I cannot fathom what you are on about. Care to explain what this means?: "....is irresponsible for those that should know otherwise and better suited to those whom refuse to know better or beginners whom have yet to learn better".

Are you taking aim at me with all these put-downs, by any chance? If so, you simply haven't read my posts. In my first post I said "ask around for a spare body". In my second post I said "see my first post about a spare body". In my third post I said "two bodies are better than one". But you read all that, so you can't be referring to me, right? So who on earth are you taking angry aim at?

I'm willing to bet that you don't know what the risk actually is. Well you will after reading this post, because I'm going to tell you. The risk of a Canon dslr breaking down on any one day of its first 2 or 3 years of life is one in 18,000.

So on average, if Imogen/ice did 18,000 weddings with one camera body each time (say, every Saturday for 350 years), she can expect to have one camera failure on one of the days. As long a she kept her camera relatively new.

Yelling at people who are willing to manage that risk as a non-professional doing a favour for no money, is unreasonable.

Imogen asked if she should buy a new lens or buy a new body. My suggestion was to buy a new lens and borrow a spare body. I'll stick by that.