Hey all!

As per the title, I am off to Vietnam with my partner at the start of next year... and am very excited! I love Asian culture, and it will be great to see the 'Nam! Also my first trip overseas

Few questions/queries/concerns.

I currently have a d3000, with a 17-50 2.8 tamron, a 50mm 1.8, and a 70-200 2.8. Also have a sb400 and (arrived today) a yn465. Not the flashest gear (pun not intended!) but it's great for my learning and I think I am doing ok with it all!

Obviously with travel, I want to travel light. I had a friend advise a 24-70 (far to heavy and expensive, I think), and have had 16-85s, 18-200s, and a combination with either the 50mm or a 35mm 1.8. The 50mm doesn't autofocus on my d3000, and to be honest, I don't use it often. Over there though, I am guessing that I will take to long to manual focus for (what I assume) a lot of street photography!

I have also (unforunately!) been pondering an upgraded body. I don't think I can justify it (skill side of things), but the temptation is there! Haha.

My concerns are obviously theft, but have insurance so that's ok. Stupidly enough, I am more worried about the SD cards getting stolen in the body!

So my questions are thus:

For Vietnam (or any travel), what would be your choice of lens/es? Would you take a flash? A tripod?

I know they say if you ask you already know... but the body upgrade. Is it worth it? I want to start shooting some videos, and would like the enhanced features (and the higher ISO usability), but I always find it hard to justify things!

Travel storage and backup? Keep a few memory cards and swap them when full? External HDDs?

Any and all help will be much appreciated!

Cheers