Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAM - cataloguing and editing

Hi everyone,

I'm curious about what others use for their digital asset management (DAM)... I've been through a few programs - ACDSee (ripped version years ago), then Zoner (free version), and lately decided to update to a paid version so installed the Lightroom 4 trial.

Way back when, long before LR was released, I created an adobe.com login and set it to USA, as software has always been cheaper in the USA. I went to buy LR through the US store with an Australian credit card, and shortly after got a phone call from the CC provider checking if it was me or someone else trying to use the card! Then I tried through the Aus store and it wouldn't let me since my account says USA. I've been through two different support people at Adobe tonight trying to get my account changed from USA to Aus but they won't do it - I'm told to create a new email account and then a new Adobe account. Bugger that - I've already created one for AP and not going to keep spreading more across multiple accounts! Aus support is closed for the night now...

I use GIMP for when things like LR isn't quite suitable or I want to do different or more complex things. I don't plan at this stage to change that.

So... what are others using for DAM - importing, basic editing, exports etc? Who has tried more than one item such application? I've seen reviews of some others, but not really a comparison - review or real life? Which did you settle on? Why?

(Yes, Adobe's annoyed me, so looking for options.) Any info appreciated!
    Last edited by ScottM; 24-09-2012 at 8:02pm.