Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just for fun : The little icons in your camera manual

canonicons.jpg

This is the icons that Canon use to describe the features of their G1x

Now I know it is all really just a bit of marketing that goes into these, but we have all become used to seeing them. Things like the HD logo and 4x optical zoom etc are common-place, but really what the hell are some of these other ones.

Movie Digest? What.. is there a Google search in the camera to look up movies and who starred in them?

And what about the one below Movie Digest. Little smillie face on LCD and an arrow. Are they instructing us to look for smilie faces and then press the shutter button? I thought it might mean face detection, but no, that is down a line and at the right hand end.

And at the right side of the line where movie digest is..is that a car and a building. WOW my camera can take photos of cars next to tall buildings..gee

Oh and look, it even has an icon to say it has a front dial.

Now please take this tongue in cheek, but really, do we need all of these??? and I am still stumped over what the car in front of the building really means
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-08-2012 at 8:39pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography