I know quite a few very successful people that use facebook to enhance and promote their business...and it works!! One professional business person actually quit her main business in Real Estate and is now only doing business through FB and the web. The medium is very adaptable to what ever you wish it to be. I use it for social connection with family and friends, and have made a few friends overseas from it (with common interests). I do show my photos on it but only to family and friends, as I feel I am not up to the stage of showing the 'world' my photos and promoting my 'business'! I have seen some shockers though who think they are photographers and plastering their wares all over FB. I cringe when I see those images.

Which brings me to something I was thinking about the other day.....how many photography 'businesses' are there in FB Land that actually are NOT businesses???!!! I was thinking of a name the other day for a business and wondered if after obtaining the business name legally, how many FB 'businesses' out there would have the same name??

Anyway, that is off the track a bit!