Hi All, hope this is in the right place. Mods please feel free to move if appropriate.

Well we have finally decided to get married!! Some would say its long overdue but thats another story! Weve decided that the day will be sometime between 'now' and 'then', but in any event before I turn 40 next May.

Were both English, living in North Sydney. The wedding will not be in Church or a Registry office but will be simple, small and somewhere special to us; probably McMahons Point / Waverton area. We'd also like to have a small reception (probably about 50 people) somewhere. We would naturally want photo's of both events and Im guessing probably some candid's either side of the main event and reception.

Now, with regards to choosing a photographer....

I have heard many horror stories about people either getting ripped off or not being happy with the results so, keen to avoid that prospect I thought Id ask the experts here for recommendations. I presume it makes sense to get someone 'local' to minimise travel costs etc. So far the only (apparently) well respected outift I know of would be gm photograhics in Mosman, but there must be several other organisations or individuals that are local to me (perhaps members here??) that people would be happy to recommend???

I have read the thread ("What to look for in a wedding photographer") on here about how important it is to choose a photographer that we are happy to be around and can develop a relationship with but we are not even at that stage yet! I guess thats stage 2.

Any advice, pointers, thoughts and experiences would be very much appreciated as neither of us have done this before!

Thanks
Jon (& Ellie)

Sent using Forum Runner