Hi,

One of the perennial complaints we get in camera clubs is the lack of a level playing field - advantages gained by better equipment, better processing skills, overseas travel, etc etc which all provide an advantage to the "have's" over the "have nots". Essentially that's just the way it is, and people have to deal with it, BUT...... it would be an interesting experiment to have our members compete just once on a truly level playing field where they all shoot with the same camera, in the same general location and have absolutely no post-processing of any kind.

The recent "Photo Finish" show on TV suggested to me a way of doing this by getting all our members to put in $20 and buy a pile of those single use film cameras, and then get them to do their best within a specified area and then see who takes the best shot.

I'm working on maybe having them printed out at 5X7, letting each member choose their 4 best, and then judging those images.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any complimentary ideas to make it work? Any other thoughts on how to make it a good, fair contest?

I'd appreciate any thoughts you might collectively have to add to the mix.