Thread: Weather Bureau Calendar Competition

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather Bureau Calendar Competition

So every year the weather bureau holds this competition to select the 12 best weather images to grace the next years calendar. Perpetually, I forget to make an entry and get annoyed at myself when I see the finished product. In this years competition (2013 Calendar) there were over 600 entrants with many more entries, and I found out that 2 of my images made it into the final 30. Well this was good, but I was still not sure if I would make it. After learning a friend of mine got one in, I was anxiously hoping to receive a phonecall today and sure enough boom! Got the phonecall and was informed that my image "Six inches of Hail" taken near Marong, Victoria had made the final 12.

Rather chuffed and excited as there is a fair bit of media coverage with the calendars release, especially after the competition journo who interviewed me found out I was a storm chaser who just got back from the states. And now to do the tickled pink dance.

Last edited by Xebadir; 26-06-2012 at 3:30pm.
    John
    Nikon D800, D700, Nikkor 14-24 F2.8, 24-70mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8D, 70-200mm F2.8 VRII, Manfrotto 190XB with Q5 PM Head,
    SB-900,600, portable strobist setup & Editing on an Alienware M14x with LR4 and CS5 and a Samsung XL2370 Monitor.

Stormchasing isn't a hobby...its an obsession.
    For my gallery and photography: www.emanatephotography.com