Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
Not a good advertisement for the D800. If it was that good, a quick sharpen, noise reduction, maybe the crop, then saved as a JPG, and they should have been all done.
All which can be done in NX2 I think.
I can't stand the user interface of Capture NX2. I use Capture One Pro for ease of workflow and the fact it has so many useful adjustments.

The thing is, there were 100 images to go through. As Capture One Pro doesn't recognise the RAW files of the D800 yet, I needed to open them up in NX2 first, then save them as 16bit TIFFS and then I could open them up as TIFFs in Capture One. Once in Capture One, I adjusted saturation, WB, highlights/shadows and sometimes colour balance if required, then saved back to TIFF like I would normally do from a RAW file.

I then open up in Photoshop as this is where my noise reduction program is a plug in as well as my sharpening plug in. In Photoshop, I use noise reduction and reduce to web size, sharpen and then save as jpeg.

You have to remember that apart from the step of converting the RAW's to 16bit TIFF so I can open them up in Capture One, everything else I do is the same for all my work and so it would have taken me almost as long.

Also, when I say it took 4 hours, I did a few other things in between, like have dinner.