Would like to know other peoples thoughts on this one.

A band I have photographed a few times in the past asked me to shoot them again this weekend.

This is how the text messages went...copied and pasted.

CLIENT: "Hey Ms (oh sorry) Mrs Sheehan !!! Did u feel like bringing ur camera down to the Sando on Sunday night .. We have a gig with Doc and the Angels show, including Buzz, angels original drummer, blow with Lucius borich on drums and a band called Debbie !! .. Should be a big one !! Cheers, Claude"

ME: I just have to check something else, how many hours? And what is the start time? I would need to be paid on the night also. Cheers"

CLIENT: Lol ... Have I let u down in payment ? Are you short of money or struggling ??? Happy to help if latter is the case ... I think it's commercial reality to be paid when u deliver the product not just for turning up ... Im sorry if others have burnt you, i/we certainly haven't ....... PAmazing amount of disrespect and really stupid business sense to treat the people that have shown some appreciation and support for ur work and given u some exposure and encouragement as well as paid u, this way. Forget about the gig ... All good

The first gig i shot was just something out of the blue - they didnt ask me to come I was just out with friends and I had my camera, so just snapped away. The band saw them, loved them and said hey we'd like to buy them from you. I put it all on a disc a week or so later and they paid me then. The 2nd gig they actually asked me to shoot them, and paid me when they received the images.
So other bands and other things Ive shot i get paid at the gig, thats normal right?? So I say this is whats happening now and he goes off his head! I was even going to get contracts etc - after all it has now become "business"

I havent replied - im taking a breather before i write something back i'll regret.

thanks for listening (reading) rant over lol