Rick has purchased a new server plan.
We will relocate this weekend, with the actual switch from 10:00pm Sunday night.
Relocation plan ... (this will be updated as we progress)
Buy new service Tell all the members what is happening and when Ensure domain names set at 60 minute TTL (so new IP address gets propagated quickly) Setup new technical environment rsync copy existing site to new server and database (~10GB attachments, comp entries etc) (Friday/Saturday) Run in test mode on new server Make sure backups are correct on new server
- Offline old AP site (Late Friday)
- Change DNS to new server change on old server as well
- rsync any last changes
- Copy database latest from old to new server
- Make AP live on new server
- Mailout to all member 12-24 hours after go live
- Cancel the old service
As the domain name will take a while to propagate from the old server to the new server
we will provide the IP address so you can access the new site by setting up a hosts table entry.
Howto edit your hosts file on windows