User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: wowski !!!! d800 .. new number 1 !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wowski !!!! d800 .. new number 1 !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder for how long though.
    Let's see how the Canon 5D MkIII does when they test it.

From the higher ISO tests I've seen, the new Canon is FAR superior.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Until the next new model is released from one of the major brands. I see little benefit in real terms of these rating systems.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    makes yer feel good knowing your latest baby is a winner..LMAO......

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear :P
    I can't help but opine that the use of phrases such as FAR superior, smokes the competition, blows it out of the water etc. are just hyperboles for the current crop of full frame sensors.
    When you're already close to/within a stop from an ideal 100% efficient bayer sensor there won't be much in it when all the cameras are out in the field, tested and the dust has settled.
    I think understanding the nuances of each sensor's performance and learning to use its strengths will eek out more IQ than any inherit properties of the sensor at this level.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New figures brought to you from DXO - the same software that rated the D200 as having lower noise than a 5D Mark 1. I do not doubt that the D800 is a superb camera, indeed, if I hadn't just bought new gear and in the wrong lens mount to boot, I'd more than likely be looking to buy one for myself, but it's pretty difficult to regard a DXO rating as meanigful or useful when that software has such a terrible record of gross error and silly results. Hey - maybe DXO has improved so much that it's now worth paying some attention to, I wouldn't know - I stopped looking at DXO numbers years ago when it first became obvious how nutty they were.

All that said, I see no reason why the D800 shouldn't be an absolute corker of a camera.

And that said, for the things I do, it probably wouldn't be much (or even any) better in actual practical use than my 5D II. (I'm talking landscapes here.) It might ace the 1D IV though. (Birds.) That would be a very, very interesting comparison!
    Tony

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the bottom line is , the D800 looks like a great camera for nikon users
    I'm happy with the 5dmkIII after initial use to date (haven't heard complaints from those who actually have it in their hands, just those who are comparing it to other cameras)

Isn't it a win win situation and is there really a need for brand bashing trying to convince someone that one is better than the other?
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtoh View Post
    Isn't it a win win situation and is there really a need for brand bashing trying to convince someone that one is better than the other?
    Well, said Dylan.

And I also think it's all about how photographers make use (and take advantage) of their equipment, regardless of brand (and model).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scpleta View Post
    Well, said Dylan.

And I also think it's all about how photographers make use (and take advantage) of their equipment, regardless of brand (and model).
    And I can remember my Dad saying to me at least 30 years ago ".... it's the lens that takes the photo, so always get the best lens you can!"
    5D Mk II, 500D, 17-40mm L, 24-105mm L , Benro Tripod and selection of ND & Grad LEE Filters

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth getting to."
    - Annon

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
    Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul