User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: How to make text silver in photoshop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make text silver in photoshop?

As the title of my thread suggests, I need to know how create silver text in Photoshop. I have my very first clients wedding invitations to complete and think that silver text could be that "little somethin' somethin'" to make it perfect

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Select the text. Then click the little down arrow next to the A. A palete of colours should appear - choose your colour click on it & the text colour should change.
    It works the same on here when you post. You could try it in the test forum.
    Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandapics_photography

K-x. Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.8 - 5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro, Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL. Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash,
    MZ-60. Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Silver colors in photoshop are a mix of greys. I have been using Photoshop since 1998 and have some awesome "silver" gradients. Goole PSD gradients and you will find many wonderful free resources to get silver gradietns and/or some great tutorials on how to make it look real.

** >> However, it really depends on the printing method as to how well they turn out. This is critical. They may look awesome on screeen, but not so good when printed, especially on mat paper.

*Canon 400D. Canon 7D, Canon A720 P&S + Underwater housing, Panasonic DMC-TZ-10 ; Underwater housing.
    *Canon 70-200 L F4 IS USM, Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Sigma 10 - 20mm, Tamron 28-75 F2.8, Nifty 50, Sigma 135-400 4.5-5.6, 18-55 Kit Lens in reverse mode, Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300, Kenko set of extension tubes. Apple MacBook Pro 15" Core i7.
    * Slik Tripod with ball head. 2 other Slik Tripods. Lowepro Backpack Camera Bag.

My Site | DA Site | Rock Photos | Saipan Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could do it the long way. Printing that portion very faintly and going over with a broadish silver pen. I did that with my own wedding invites, and it did give it that personal touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 'styles' for my text requirements most of the time............these can be found freely all over the web along with brushes, gradients actions etc!

Its good fun scouring the web for these things anyway lol
    Cheers and Happy Shooting
    Cindy

Canon 7D, 50mm, 100mm Macro
    Olympus E-30, 9-18mm, 14-54mm, 50-200mm
    Photoshop CS5