The 4WD trip I did on the long weekend with a bunch of other photography enthusiasts who also love 4wding, is apparently going to be published in 4WD Action magazine or one of its sister publications.
The story has been written, and all who took pics on the trip have been asked to submit any photos we wanted to make available to go with the story.

We've all submitted a selection of our pics, and when the story is published we all split the $700 fee ($700 split 4 ways if they use at least one pic from each person taking pics on the trip).

So if they pick any of my shots, I'll not only have been published, but paid for it as well. Woohoo!!!
Of course, it hardly counts in a magazine that actually ASKS its readers to submit stories and has a set fee for stories with pics, but I'll be pretty happy anyway if any of mine end up in there.
Though the contract states they're buying the photos from you and they then own the pic, and that whilst you can keep one copy for your portfolio, you probably can't do anything else with them. But I can live with those conditions if they publish them.

Anyway here's hoping