User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Rain Forest Lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain Forest Lost

This a QUOTE FROM Jewels Smith please share this as often as we can this area needs to be saved for all of us not only in Adelaide but the state lets get off our backsides and make some noise
    Save the Rainforest in the Bicentennial Conservatory, Adelaide
    Met with The Director of the Botanic Gardens, Steven Forbes, tonight, he has decided to kill off the rainforest, cut the heating because it does not make money. Let's let him know we are not happy with this, visit this rainforest, write to your local MP, phone Steven Forbes & let him know how you feel.

A Face Book group has been started to try and organize opposition to this decision please join tell your friend ring radio stations email you member of parliament , this is all due to a cut back in the Botanic gardens Budget.
    Mark
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree it will be a shame to loose some of the exotic plants - I'm not sure what will die once the heating is off - do you know what species will be lost ?

I guess they have exhausted green energy options like solar panels - seems such a waste of the iniatial cost of the building, which in itself is a SA design icon.

I vitit the gardens often but have to admit don't always go into the Conservatory as it simply gets expensive - wish they had a 12 months membership for unlimited access similar to the zoo .

Are you able to provide the facebook group name please

DebT

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Deb I have been ofline for a while here is the link to fb Save the Rainforest in the Bicentennial Conservatory, Adelaide https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-...38943226140207
    As far as we know the plans are to gut the building and replant with some thing that dos'nt cost money to heat during winter