User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Bunya Mountains National Park. Qld.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bunya Mountains National Park. Qld.

Hi,
    Has anyone been there, as I'm looking for some photo locations in this N.Pk.
    We will be there in Feb. for a few days. Hopefully the weather will be a bit better than the last few weeks here in Qld.
    cheers.
    Rex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I've been and its a nice spot. Its essentially rain forest, creeks and the odd waterfall (if your lucky and its been raining). Plenty of roos and wallabies to photo, which is always good. There are a fair few vistas to shoot from many lookouts dotted around the area. Big Falls lookout was quite nice as I remember. Most of the walking circuits are very easy and lugging your camera gear to the look out areas won't be a problem. But one of the best views was actually from a little dirt stopping area by the side of Bunya Mountain Drive as you approach the hub of the park. Its west facing and I got a couple of nice sunsets from there:

and

The villas and apartments available range from cute-as-a-button to mansion-with-onsuite-spa-bath etc. But its all laid out with great concern for taste. The air is cool and fresh up there. Have fun!
    Last edited by mistletoe; 01-02-2012 at 10:40am. Reason: adding photos
    best regards

Chris.

flickr

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is a nice spot up there Rex. what days are you going to be there this month. and i'll see if i can get up there. best time just after rain. tracks will be a little muddy after rain but there will be plenty of fungi shots as well as bird, wallabies, landscapes.
    here is some fugi shots from a meet acouple of years ago. ian(aka pappa smurf)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure if you're going to be bushwalking, to pack the bushmans insect repellant... the ticks will be rife up there at the moment!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to viewing your photos. I would like to visit the Bunya Mountains, distance isnt an issue ( live near the bottom of the Toowoomba range) , just need Mother Nature to settle down with the rain again and finding someone to go with. Good Luck

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all your replies. It looks like a great place for some photos.
    The sunset and fungi photos are very good.
    I will post some pics when I get back.
    I just hope there's not too much rain around.
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback, I booked for mid march, hope the weather will be good