Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamron 90mm tripod ring to externally mount a flash

HI all
    I just got my Tamron 90mm 2.8f macro lens for my canon, upon unboxing it i noticed that the Canon version dose not have the aperture scale near the EF mount but it dose however have a recess, i got my trusty vernier callipers out and measured this recess to be 66.5mm across.
    I was wondering if somebody may have already fitted a tripod ring to a Tammy 90 or if someone knows of a tripod ring that may do the job?
    What i would like to do is mount a flash bracket to the tripod ring leaving the camera body less cluttered and more compact.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. the area you wish to mount the ring is too close to the camera body and it would foul on the onboard flash projection.
    2. the 70-200 canon mount comes close at about 65mm but is too wide at about 17mm you would need a max width of 13mm.
    3. you would possibly cause damage to the lens when tightening it onto the raised red mounting indicator.
    A better idea would be get a ring flash or led ring light.
    Keith

Canon 400D Gripped, Canon 7D LCD Timer Gripped, Canon 70-200 f2.8L is ii. Canon 2X iii Extender, Canon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 150-500, Sigma 18-250, Sigma 17-50 F2.8, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 90mm Macro, Yonguno YN460 & 460ii Speedlights and a Hanimax TZ 1 Flash, Wireless Triggers ,LED Macro Ringlight, Extension Tubes, 3 tripods, 2 monopods, PS Elements 5 & 10, PSP9 and canon s/ware, various filters and other photographic paraphernalia all packed in a computrecker backpack. NEW:- Panasonic GX8, 45-150, 14mm F2.5. PSE 2018.