Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: SmugMug

Member Matt Sullivan Photography's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SmugMug

Does anyone have experience in using SmugMug to order prints. I would love to hear your thoughts on the quality, shipping etc...

Thanks,

Matt
    www.mattsullivanphotography.com.au

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good question, I've often wondered that. I'm a long time Smugmug user but haven't tried their printing service as yet. They have two these days, I'd be interested to hear what people think of them.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was worth a bump, I'm considering upgrading my Smugmug account and allowing print purchases in some galleries so I'm keep to find out if anyone has used their print service?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a pro smugmug account for a couple of years now but have never tried to set up the pricing or order prints. Hmmm maybe that is a challenge...I have a couple now I would be happy to print.

Ok let's do it. One of you visit my smugmug, order a $1000 print and let me know how it goes

Nah seriously, I am up for this sooooo, I have tomorrow off I will work out a way to order a print of one of my images and report back on the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have.

Both Bay photo and EZ Prints are very good, Bay a little better for upmarket papers. I have sold to clients though Smugmug on several occasions, and all have been happy. They now finally support multi-currency pricing and billing, we have been waiting several years, so the turning off of clients when billed in USD$ should be a thing of the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the turnaround in supply of prints from the US? And is mail from the US for these prints expensive? (I have a smugmug account but have kept the print option off because of the pricing approach and O/S mail and processing). Thanks.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just ordered my print - went for a funky aluminium based print.

Quantity Item Description Line Subtotal
    Items to be shipped
    1 11 x 14 Float Mounted MetalPrint - High Gloss AU$ 46.84

Order Subtotal: AU$ 46.84
    Shipping & Handling: AU$ 46.98
    Total: AU$ 93.82

Chose the 5 day shipping option but since I live in Kalgoorlie I expect it to take 7 days.

Will update when I get it. Very simple process though, impressed at that.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I have.

Both Bay photo and EZ Prints are very good, Bay a little better for upmarket papers. I have sold to clients though Smugmug on several occasions, and all have been happy. They now finally support multi-currency pricing and billing, we have been waiting several years, so the turning off of clients when billed in USD$ should be a thing of the past.

Hey Wayne...hmm wasn't that a famous painting???

Anyway, moving on....how did you price your images? I have steered well clear of it because the first time i tried it was a freakin nightmare and simply not worth it to me as a hobbyist with little to nothing worth buying.

Any tips to setting up the pricing?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just upgraded to Pro partly because the of international pricing. Problem is though that you still have to set your prices in USD, so on conversion to AUD they appear all over the place from one day to the next. I'm not sure I will stick with the Pro account at this point.