Hey guys.
Being a person who prefers B+W photography, I have found that B+W shots do not get the same number of hits or comments that colour shots do. i suppose the whole B+W thing is a very personal one, myself, I feel that B+W asks for a more emotional response from the viewer than does colour. i think B+W is harder to work in to achieve what the photographer is trying to say than colour, although the latitude for working in B+W is a lot broader than in colour, e.g dodging and burning, etc.
Why is it that colour seems to appeal to people more than B+W ? Is it that people don't want to have to think about the shot and that it is easier to look at a colour shot and say "Wow, that's got great colour" rather than to spend the time to figure out what response the photographer is asking of the viewer?
I realise that not all shots look great in B+W as not all shots look great in colour but as a general rule I feel most photographers and Joe public prefer colour. I have seen some stunning B+W work on this site that should have had more comments or hits than they have had.
Interested to get feedback form both sides of the fence on this one.
Cheers all.