Thread: Boy have i dodged a bullet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boy have i dodged a bullet

last year i decided to get my hiatus hernia fixed.
    as part of the checking i had a capsule scan. this showed a couple of anomolies which i had checked by colonoscopy.
    the doctor who did this is the same one i go to every few years to check the hernia.
    as i had had a check in February it was only 8 months between checks. as he passed the prostate he checks to see if there are any
    irregularities. in february all was fine, in October he found a lump. a psa test showed i was in the normal range.
    a biopsy showed it is malignant.
    an MRI showed no cell spread which means a dose of radiation therapy should fix the problem
    if i had not decided to get the hernia fixed it would have been about 3 years before it was found and it would have been well established. in which case surgury would probably have been the only option, not a happy thought
    so fellas get your prostate checked regularly especially if there is a family history of prostate problems or you are past a certain age.
    talk to your doctor
    Last edited by mudman; 25-01-2012 at 10:55am.
    cc and enjoy

Photography is painting with light

K1, Pentax 18-250mm zoom, Pentax 100mm macro, Sigma 50-500mm, Pentax 28-105mm
    Velbon Sherpa tripod Photoshop CS6