User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Query regarding LENSMATE lens adapters and filters for a Canon PowerShot G10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Query regarding LENSMATE lens adapters and filters for a Canon PowerShot G10

I've retained a 72 mm lens kit (Hoya Skylight 1B, a Hoya PL filter, a retractable rubber lens hood plus a lens cap) from my now redundant 35mm Minolta SLR and would like to utilise them on my G10 via the Lensmate lens adapters (Part A & B), Mod edit. Members with under 30 days membership or 50 posts may not link to retail outlets. According to one of their sales staff it's highly likely that a slight amount of vignetting will occur at full wide when using either my PL filter or the lens hood so the main reason for bothering with such lens accessories is the usage of the 1B filter - essentially to protect the camera's front element from dust, moisture when in use etc. However, could anyone please advise me if it's appropriate to attach the PL filter directly to the 1B filter - rather than removing the latter etc. Also, any related views by people who have used such lens adapters & accessories. Cheers, Ross.
    Last edited by I @ M; 20-01-2012 at 6:40pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am not sure about the filters, but i did get one off their adaptors for my sx10is and it worked very well, we have been using it for about 3 years
    canon 5D mark III tamron 24-70 2.8 vc, 50mm 1.8, tamrom 70-200 2.8 vc, remote tripod
    perseverance

Rob