Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentax K-01 mirrorless APS-C camera - K-mount lenses

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome cam. Same sensor as the K5 and designed by an Australian none the less !
    How good is that !
    A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.
    A Death Certificate shows that we died.
    Pictures show that we lived!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/knumbnutz/
    http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/neilmorgan

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by knumbnutz; 03-02-2012 at 6:43pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously unimpressed. The designer, Australian or not, has his head someplace I don't want to think about. Its a box, with a lens option. Its hardly smaller than the K-5 (may even be thicker) and those two extremely festive buttons look like they belong on a 2 year old's toy. I hope it works brilliantly because the look absolutely sucks. I'll be sticking with my K-5 for the forseeable, unless I make a complete switch to another brand (no, not Canikon!), or unless Pentax released more DSLRs which are too tempting to pass up. Nothing about the K-01 tempts me in the slightest.
    Blog : PPG : Flickr
    PENTAX K-5 + various lenses; Olympus XZ-1; Fujifilm X100; Ricoh GRD3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the K-01 ,according to some sites is not a replacement for the Kr or K5 it is a step above the Q,it is getting better reviews now that people realise what it is,it is to compete with top end point and shoot,it won`t compete it will blow them away.

I am surprised with the negativity from togs who will not buy one,it is a point and shoot,there will be more cameras in the pipeline to satisfy the advanced amateurs or pros.

Jack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    the K-01 ,according to some sites is not a replacement for the Kr or K5 it is a step above the Q,it is getting better reviews now that people realise what it is,it is to compete with top end point and shoot,it won`t compete it will blow them away.

I am surprised with the negativity from togs who will not buy one,it is a point and shoot,there will be more cameras in the pipeline to satisfy the advanced amateurs or pros.

Jack
    "tog"? god I hate that word. I'm a photographer. As far as P&S is concerned... go tell those in pentaxforums thats what it is (IOW is is NOT meant to be a point and shoot. Try P&S with a DA300mm attached). Its got an APS sensor, its got an updated PRIME engine, Its going to take all the DA and older lenses. Its WAY ahead of the Q and should not be mentioned in the same breath. Its not a toy. It just LOOKS like one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kyteflyer,point taken but it is in the price range with the Q, not much more than point and shoot, and with no viewfinder it should be classified as a point and shoot, hence the comparison,it is cheaper than the mirror less inter changeable lens cameras,and can use any K mount lens as has been mentioned before, there are quite a few that can be obtained on Ebay quite cheap, so you don't have to buy a new lenses.

The point and shoot togs if they want to upgrade this would be the ideal choice.

I for one don`t want to be holding a 300mm lens at arms length,that is why small primes or zooms will be the most used in my opinion.

Jack
    Last edited by pixy; 07-02-2012 at 12:01am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12