Hi,
I have been playing around in photography for a few years now and just as a very expensive hobby. My son has set up a website for me so It wont be long and I might get a bit of exposure.My field of photography has always been Landscape, animals and genrally anything that doesnt move to much. My son has Computer shops locally and uses my photos as screensavers as well.
I had a call yesterday from a local man looking for a photographer to photograph his wedding anniversary and family photos. He is a customer of my son so got my contact number from him. He couldnt get anyone locally to do the job for him.
The first thing I told him that I feel uncomfortable photographing ouside my comfort zone and have never done many portraits or family photography.I also said I little experience in family shots. I couldnt gaurentee him the results he might expect. I said have a think about it and see if he can get someone else. Well he rang back today and said he still wanted to go with me as he liked my work. I checked the place out today and looked at lighting,took a few test shots and going back on Sunday. I just hope I can deliver. There will be agroup of about 10-15 people so I will be busy for a while. I like candid shots so he will let me wander for a while to get photos of the little ones as well.
Ill probably be there for an hour or so.. What I need is a bit of advice on what gear to use. I tried a few shots today and exposure seemed pretty good. Im a Pentaxian and have a few lenses to try. Ill probably use a tripod if possible.
The lenses I have are

Pentax 15mm Limited
Pentax 31mm f/1.8 Limited
Pentax FA* 28-70 2.8
Pentax 100mm macro f/2,8
Pentax FA* 80-200mm f/2.8.

I used the 31mm inside today with a flash and seemed pretty good at f/5.6 - ISO 400 @ 1/80th second
I used the 28-70 and 15 mm outside for garden test shots.
I thought maybe the 80-200 for a few candit shots.

Im normally just a manual mode person but was wondering if I should just go Apperture priority for this shoot and play it safe. I used the flash inside and out as well to help with the shadowed areas. Im reading everything to get a few ideas,

Uncomfortably - John