Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Sensor Clean in Brisbane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensor Clean in Brisbane

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone aware of places in Brisbane where I might be able to get a "while you wait" sensor clean (for a canon)?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There... Give these a ring. Prices differ

Accurate Instrument Servicing P/L
    57 Beeville Road (PO Box 277)
    PETRIE QLD 4502
    Ph: (07) 3285-5724

Anderson Camera Repair
    14 Merritt Street
    CAPALABA QLD 4157
    Ph: (07) 3245-6444

Camera Tech
    Unit 102, 89 Charlotte St, Brisbane QLD 4000
    Ph: (7) 3229 5406

Phototechnical 15 Lamington St, New Farm QLD
    Phone number (07) 3358 5869

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Accurate Instrument Servicing P/L he does a good job but at $110 hes not cheap
    A man that’s lived a quiet uneventful life dies peacefully in his sleep but a man that’s lived an exciting life goes to his grave shouting “man that was one hell of a fun journey”

Sony 550a vanguard 263AT Tripod with GH-100 Pistol Grip Ball Head.Manfrotto monopod+342 Ball head',Tamron 28-200 XR [IF], Sigma 17-35 DG EX HSM,Sony 18-70 sam kit lens,Sony 70-300 kit lens,sony Dt 2.8/30 macro and Minolta 35-70 F4 macro plus sony cybershot 707

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mary Anne and Easty1!

Will definitely contact these places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone tell me how often you have to clean the sensor and if there is any showtale sign when it needs doing..Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no time or limit , When the dust bunnies start showing at f9 And there is a heap of them , I'd say it's time for a clean , You can test by taking a shot of a clear blue sky or something similar at f22 , Load it into the computor and check the image at 100% magnification , If you see some dont stress, You probably dont ( I hope shoot at that aperture) You wont even see them usually at f11 or less
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    Thanks Mary Anne and Easty1!

Will definitely contact these places.
    Hope you are given a good deal whoever you choose. I can only vouch for Andersons in Capalaba because they serviced/restored an old FM2 of mine and I was wrapped with the work. They were convenient to me as I was working around the corner from them in those days.

As far as cleans go, and only if you don't want to keep paying around $100/clean, I highly recommend the Copperhill kit with Eclipse fluid. Follow directions and almost impossible to get it wrong. $90 inc p&h and I now have enough for several cleans into the future. The first go took quite a few cleans but it sure helps not spending a rediculous amount of time in pp trying to clone out the bunny spots.

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading all the help on here about cleaning Roy I have decided to give the Copperhill kit a go myself shaky hands and all.
    I had one clean from one of those up top years ago. Had two cameras done at Canon the day before we went overseas in mid 2009
    No time to check them, though was shocked to see when in the UK the first time I used my 40D to find so many dust bunnies still on my macro images
    I do spend a lot of time in pp removing spots as most of my work is done on f/14 to f/18, so it will be worth having a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    After reading all the help on here about cleaning Roy I have decided to give the Copperhill kit a go myself shaky hands and all.
    I had one clean from one of those up top years ago. Had two cameras done at Canon the day before we went overseas in mid 2009
    No time to check them, though was shocked to see when in the UK the first time I used my 40D to find so many dust bunnies still on my macro images
    I do spend a lot of time in pp removing spots as most of my work is done on f/14 to f/18, so it will be worth having a go.
    Good on you Mary Anne & be sure to post your results/thoughts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Roy.. It wont be right away, though when I do, I will post how I went.