User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crrumbin rocks sunrise - sunday 15th jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shite , Thats not good news Jamie , I do remember telling you that Andrew would be down there with his new Underwater camera , You were asking about a price for a water housing for the 5Dmk11 Looks like we stick to the old cars for a while yet , But I hope it all turns out for you , I have a spare 350D you can use if needed , Better than nothing - Bill
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywen View Post
    Nice set, I love the first one most.
    Thankyou Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Lovely work Jam, good colour and rays and I like the one with the bird as a focal point. I do hope your camera is salvageable, you took a hell of a drenching. Did you know you can get camera raincoats on eBay, they are not totally waterproof but as it is the back end that is open I believe it might have saved you camera from a lot of damage. The ones I have in mind have a drawstring at the front and are clear plastic sort of L shaped, about $10 for 2 from memory. I recommend 'em, one saved me at Burleigh one time when a huge thunderstorm came through. The camera was nice and dry and I was soaked.
    Thanks Analog. I really hope it's salvageable but the chances are EXTREMELY slim. I won't find out til next week and by then the salt will have eroded the entire interior of the camera.. devastated. I have only now just thought about the raincoats.. (funny how it takes something like this disaster to think about protecting the camera) and will definitely invest in one for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Shite , Thats not good news Jamie , I do remember telling you that Andrew would be down there with his new Underwater camera , You were asking about a price for a water housing for the 5Dmk11 Looks like we stick to the old cars for a while yet , But I hope it all turns out for you , I have a spare 350D you can use if needed , Better than nothing - Bill
    Not good news at all mate. Yeah I remember that but I didn't receive your message until after the actual morning that everyone was there so I missed out . Thanks Bill i'll let you guys know how It all goes!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - mATE IVE DONE THE SAME THING WITH CAMERAS AND LENSES BEFORE AT SEASCAPES,,NEW CAMERA A CANON L SERIES LENSES - TWICE - Fortunately I learnt from the first disaster and got INSURANCE that covers me for theft, loss, accidental damage, stupidity, the lot. Please get insurance cover for ALL your camera gear - a 5dm2 and deent lenses alone in thousands of dollars down the pooper if you mess up and landscape togs are the worst for exposing gear to the elements ..sea water is usually fatal unless the body is water proofed like my 1d II and even then any protection you can get is worthwhile... I saw your incident anf felt for you straight away - its a terrible thing. My Suncorp Insurance protects my butt from further tragety.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12