Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A very interesting situation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    do you give watermarked images to your client? I watermark images I post myself.
    I think OP said "my biggest concern is others assuming I produced those images"
    I don't think OP said that the person gave her photos to the client and the client couldn't tell that she wasn't the OP.

And I think if 'she' rocked up to the client to show her photos as the official photographer given she wasn't and wasn't paid, we would be having a different sort of thread here.

The client also didn't post the images, the 'she' posted it on her own business page, so I don't know why you're so concerned about watermarked images to the client.
    Last edited by reaction; 24-01-2012 at 10:40am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    I have seen that most Photographers of anysort post watermarks on any image they place on their blog/fb or any publicpage.
    Even in forums most have watermarks except for the really newbies who haven'tworked out how to set one.

The only exception is Professional Photographers flash based galleries Iguess?
    Understood. Thank you for answering my question.

I assume you allude to Flash Page technology lulling the owner/poster into a(false) sense of security that their images will not be pirated.

Watermarking is an interesting point and I would be interested to see the results of definitive data to account as to how many Professionals still Watermark their work for internet display.

I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) watermaking was now passé across all the spectrum: but perhaps my viewing range of Sites, Forums and Professional Photographers is too limited.

But perhaps this better left for another thread as I shall not take this conversation further here.

WW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The client also didn't post the images, the 'she' posted it on her own business page, so I don't know why you're so concerned about watermarked images to the client.
    Not overly concerned , just wondering. Not really looking at discussing deeper I think my question has been answered by posters.
    Last edited by Shelley; 24-01-2012 at 10:49am.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think OP said "my biggest concern is others assuming I produced those images"
    Correct... I'm realising a trend, that for every wedding I shoot I get around 2 queries from guests for future weddings, which is converting to one booking. My concern is specifically this:

About 2 weeks after a wedding, the guests (and of course the couple) start keenly awaiting professional photos of the wedding. In this case, the bride was tagged in her friends facebook images, which means that this appears in the newsfeed of every single one of her friends - presumably a very large % of her wedding guests. If they see that the bride is tagged in these images posted by "ABC-XYZ Photography", what are they likely to think? My assumption is that they would either be impressed or unimpressed with what they see, assume these were produced by the hired-pro, and choose not to send me an enquiry or even bother watching out for more images from this wedding.

There is potential for me to miss out on my 2 queries and 1 booking here... which just annoys me. I realise that the bride may indeed eventually post images once she receives them, but by that stage, the damage may already be done.
    Living the dream...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasevk View Post
    I'm realising a trend, that for every wedding I shoot I get around 2 queries from guests for future weddings, which is converting to one booking. My concern is specifically this:

About 2 weeks after a wedding, the guests (and of course the couple) start keenly awaiting professional photos of the wedding. In this case, the bride was tagged in her friends facebook images, which means that this appears in the newsfeed of every single one of her friends - presumably a very large % of her wedding guests. If they see that the bride is tagged in these images posted by "ABC-XYZ Photography", what are they likely to think? My assumption is that they would either be impressed or unimpressed with what they see, assume these were produced by the hired-pro, and choose not to send me an enquiry or even bother watching out for more images from this wedding.

There is potential for me to miss out on my 2 queries and 1 booking here... which just annoys me. I realise that the bride may indeed eventually post images once she receives them, but by that stage, the damage may already be done.

Why, specifically, is it not possible to have (some of your) photos posted on your website/blog/Facebook and/or sent to the Bride for her to tag and display on HER Facebook page, by the Monday evening after a Saturday Wedding?

For example 10 cracker, low res, display images PP and turned around within 48 hours from each Wedding you shoot.

WW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct... I'm realising a trend, that for every wedding I shoot I get around 2 queries from guests for future weddings, which is converting to one booking. My concern is specifically this:

I think this is a definite concern. Eg I have some friends who NEVER posted their official photos of their wedding. We have only seen coverage by other guests, and don't even know who the official was. But none of the guests called themselves "ABC-XYZ Photography"

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    Why, specifically, is it not possible to have (some of your) photos posted on your website/blog/Facebook and/or sent to the Bride for her to tag and display on HER Facebook page, by the Monday evening after a Saturday Wedding?

WW
    This is standard practice for me, I always post a handful of nice images within a day or so of the wedding.

However, the problem in this case was that the Bride and Groom went on honeymoon, and were unable to tag themselves in the photos until a couple of days ago. Her friend on the other hand, was able to upload her images and tag the bride at the same time. So there was a 2 week window where many of her friends would not have known any better...

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is a definite concern. Eg I have some friends who NEVER posted their official photos of their wedding. We have only seen coverage by other guests, and don't even know who the official was. But none of the guests called themselves "ABC-XYZ Photography"
    Agreed, my wife chose not to post our wedding images on her Facebook profile even though we LOVED them, because she wanted to keep them private.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is standard practice for me, I always post a handful of nice images within a day or so of the wedding.

However, the problem in this case was that the Bride and Groom went on honeymoon, and were unable to tag themselves in the photos until a couple of days ago. Her friend on the other hand, was able to upload her images and tag the bride at the same time. So there was a 2 week window where many of her friends would not have known any better...
    I understand your reply.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12