Thread: A very interesting situation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well well well, this situation unfortunately didn't end as I'd hoped.

I spoke with the bride about my concerns, and she didn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. I resorted to sending a very politely worded and tactful email to this person, basically saying that there were reportedly up to 70 or 80 people from the wedding guest list who were possibly being misdirected to her page while looking for the 'professional' images of theirs friends wedding, and asked if she would consider relocating them to her personal page.

Her response was far from gracious and she went into saying things like she will be happily adding hundreds of images to this Facebook album and didn't care whether people were midirected/misled or not. She became very abusive, to the point where she switched off her presumably friendly email signature, and changed it to f&@$ off!

So.... do I leave it be?

I could put the couple under pressure to do something by leveraging off the clause in the contract referring to my discretion being the be and end all with regard to photography by guests etc, and activating my right to withhold services for a breach of he contract (ie supply of images). This also may be drawing a long bow, I'm not a lawyer so I'm not 100% of my entitlements under these specific circumstances.

But, I don't think that would be wise at all, I think I'll cop this one on the chin...
    Last edited by jasevk; 23-01-2012 at 2:14am.