User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Buying a new lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying a new lens

Has anyone here had any experience buying online through eGlobal? If so please tell me of your experience.
    ..and yep, I understand the company is HongKong based and import their goods, and that items dont come with manufacturer's warranty but will have a 2 yr cover from eGlobal its' self.

*Mods, if this thread breaches the forum rules then perhaps any respondents can PM me their replies?

Cheers
    Last edited by Marika; 11-01-2012 at 1:20pm.
    Nikon gal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I bought my landscape 10-22mm from e-global and didnt have ANY problems with them. It arrived within 3 days and i tracked it the whole way online

The other hong kong company i've used are DWI (the best imo, and usually the cheapest- check them out!)
    Canon 6D, Canon 550D, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 100mm Macro f/2.8 IS USM, Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-5.6

www.imogenbrandrakers.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    Has anyone here had any experience buying online through eGlobal? If so please tell me of your experience.
    ..and yep, I understand the company is HongKong based and import their goods, and that items dont come with manufacturer's warranty but will have a 2 yr cover from eGlobal its' self.

*Mods, if this thread breaches the forum rules then perhaps any respondents can PM me their replies?

Cheers
    I just purchased a 16-35L II from DWI. Quick shipping no hickups. Paid $35 for mack exntended warranty for 3 additional years (note: not the diamond warranty) which will be covered by Canon Australia.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for DWI, just bought nikon1 camera from them $350/30% cheaper than local.
    A Birth Certificate shows that we were born.
    A Death Certificate shows that we died.
    Pictures show that we lived!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/knumbnutz/
    http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/neilmorgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I did use Duty Free Central to buy my speedlite 580 EXII - no problems at all, delivered in 4 days, tracked and 40% cheaper than local retail shop, and DigitalRev to buy 100mm L macro lens - very efficient, quick(4 days as well) and again about 30-40% cheaper than local shop.
    Good luck
    Maciek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually yes, i've used them as well- no problems with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DWI and E-Glibal are both popular and used by a lot of Australian photographers! You can buy from them with confidence. Of you want a shop front which provides grey imports then check out d-d-photographics...though they are not as cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 DWI for a SB-700 speedlight.
    Arrived in a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a Tamron 18-200mm lens from eglobal and had no problems. They shipped it Monday and I got it Wednesday afternoon. Tracked it all the way on the Fedex website. Best though to chat online first to see if they have stock.
    I have also bought lenses from DWI without provlems as well. The Tamron lens was $159 from eglobal and over here the cheapest was around $400 so even with $55 shipping it was quite a savings :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used E-Global to buy my Nikon D5100 plus 18-105 lens. No problems. Happy so far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    EGlobal are an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. I have approached DWI several times regarding their favourable reviews on AP, and asking them about interest in advertising on AP, they have never replied, not even to say, no thanks.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    EGlobal are an Ausphotography Site Advertiser. I have approached DWI several times regarding their favourable reviews on AP, and asking them about interest in advertising on AP, they have never replied, not even to say, no thanks.
    eGlobal are generally cheaper than DWI but don't always have the stuff in stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem with eglobal is their warranty returns. Do a google on whirlpool forum topics and you'll get a good read. You'll have to pay for shipping back to HK which would easily offset the savings. DWI has a local office in Sydney which you ship to or drop the item at. Good for people located in SYD.

Lastly i'd recommend the 3 year extended warranty (not diamond) which is cheap for what it is. 3 years additional coverage ontop of the existing cover from Canon Australia. Lenses below $5000 is $35 from DWI or $28 from Ebay. I've purchased it for all my L lenses and it's worth every penny should anything go wrong other than me damaging it accidentally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've had to claim twice on two different mack warranties in the past and i found that they put every obstacle in front of you they could to deter you from claiming. Not answering communication, then very late replies, denying the existance of policy, stating it didn't cover it. Only the threat of legal action sped up the process. In the end i got canon australia to come to the party which helped with the claims however i'm pretty sure they won't touch warranty issues anymore unless its bought in australia.
    You can call me Jez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flame70 View Post
    i've had to claim twice on two different mack warranties in the past and i found that they put every obstacle in front of you they could to deter you from claiming. Not answering communication, then very late replies, denying the existance of policy, stating it didn't cover it. Only the threat of legal action sped up the process. In the end i got canon australia to come to the party which helped with the claims however i'm pretty sure they won't touch warranty issues anymore unless its bought in australia.
    who was that? eglobal or DWI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B&H are selling the d15 limited now for 509...... Can I mention that?

Pentax K-r
    Da 15mm & 70mm Ltds, Fa 35mm f2, F 50mm f1.7
    Da*200mm, Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 28-105 f2.8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither, when you have a mack warranty issue you only deal with mack. The companies that sold you the warranty aren't interested so you have to contact Mack themselves in America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh i see! That's not good... :/