User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  13

Thread: When does a Picture become an Image (PP)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 10 min rule with my PP (cos I am old and slow on the computer) - basically I shot in RAW and use the RAW converter in PSE 9 to do a very quick adjustment and then in PSE I do a levels, brightness and contrast adjustment, sometimes a colur curves adjustment and an Unsharp sharpening (I hope that is the right terminology) and thats it.

Sometimes with my underwater shots I will use the 'Dust and Scratches' filter to remove floaty stuff (backscatter) from the water.

I know one guy who will spend an hour min on a photo in PS just to enter it in a comp - not for me.

Karl
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Canon G12 in a Recsea housing with twin YS110 Alpha strobes
    Canon 7D with Sigma 18 - 250mm & 170 - 500mm lenses

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I have a 10 min rule with my PP (cos I am old and slow on the computer) - basically I shot in RAW and use the RAW converter in PSE 9 to do a very quick adjustment and then in PSE I do a levels, brightness and contrast adjustment, sometimes a colur curves adjustment and an Unsharp sharpening (I hope that is the right terminology) and thats it.

Sometimes with my underwater shots I will use the 'Dust and Scratches' filter to remove floaty stuff (backscatter) from the water.

I know one guy who will spend an hour min on a photo in PS just to enter it in a comp - not for me.

Karl
    I'm with you Carl on the 1 Hr? Seriously, what does this say about the original picture?