Quote Originally Posted by Puzz1e View Post
Thanks everyone for such great detailed responses. I think the 70-200mm canon I saw was the old version, hence being half the price. Ooops! I have been really happy with the D7000, and Nikon in general. Maybe I just got a short feeling of the 'grass being greener on the other side', but I think staying with Nikon will be a better move for me.

I have considered the 17-55, but since I want to move to full frame soon - I see no point in spending soo much on a DX lens. The 24-70 will not be brilliant on my d7000 on the wide side, but its an investment in the direction of Full Frame.

I'm crossing my fingers that the d4 will bring the price of the d3s right down and I may be able to pick up an excellent camera at a good price!
Or wait until the D800 is available and the D700 prices will fall accordingly too. The D800 is rumoured to be annouced February. However, the downside to this is that you'll probably find a lot of D7000 on the market too meaning that the sale of your D7000 will possibly attract less money for resale. The reason for this is that there are probably many people like me who have both the D700 and D7000 and use the D7000 for reach, but with the D800's (rumoured) 36Mp sensor then cropping it to APS C size yields the same Mp's as the D7000 of 16Mp and therefore makes the D7000 redundant for "reach" due to it's 1.5x crop factor. 36Mp FF is the same as 16Mp APS C or DX.