I have a pretty new D7000 with only a 50mm 1.4G lens. I have been getting really into my photography and want to upgrade to full frame in the near future.

I have been wanting to build my lens collection and have been saving for the 24-70 2.8. I took a look at the Canon equivalent today and it is significantly cheaper. The Canon 70-200 2.8 also seems to be a huge amount cheaper than the Nikon equivalent. Couple the cheaper lenses with the fact that the upcoming 5d mk3 will also probably be selling for significantly cheaper than the yet to be announced D800. I am really starting to consider selling my almost brand new gear and moving over to Canon.

From what I am reading, the canon vs Nikon lens lineup does not really have a clear winner - with both camps having some outstanding lenses at certain lengths. I would really appreciate some input/advice on this. Is there an explanation of why Canon seems cheaper across the board other than manufacturing costs? I would love to hear the experiences of long term Canon users or those who have switched across.