2011... what a year hey! for me it was a quiet one photographically but I still managed quite a few decent shots and for a guy that shoots mainly macro and birds my faves for the year are actually not in these categories!
I now have a new love for photographing cars and planes, i have dabbled in landscape including long exposure too, not to mention architecture a little.... I still havent shot people and i dont know if i ever will.

This year has seen plenty of shots that i am quite proud of and after seeing the "best birds of 2011" thread it made me wonder, could i actually pin point my best photo of the year? well that of course is quite subjective, but I can narrow down to the one I think is best for sure, but what you guys think is probably a different matter.

So a little searching thru my site, my computer and what i have posted here it came down to 2, a plane and a car. I like them both for different reasons... but picked this one for the sense of raw power it conveys. I am still not sure i picked the right one.

Of the photos you have taken what is your choice of "Photo of the Year 2011"?