User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Loving Tassie!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving Tassie!!

I arrived on the 29th and have had a chance to find my bearings before before my husbands boat finished the Sydney to Hobart! They finished yesterday at 1:20pm, very considerate of them not to finish in the middle of the night. His boat Balance came 23rd across the line and was 2cnd on handicap in their division! The boys are very happy to be on dry land and we spent yesterday afternoon at Customs House, followed by celebratory crew dinner at Muirs and then on to the Shipwright Arms for further celebrations!! Have just been to the Salamanca Markets and have taken loads of photos of everything! Will share when I get home as I haven't had a chance to put photoshop on my new laptop yet!! Can't wait to practise fireworks photos tonight. We will be sitting on the boat doing just a bit more celebrating!!
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Tassie. The waterfront is alive at this time of year. Get along to The Taste, and if you want to be inspired, amazed and disgusted, get a visit to MONA in as well.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick!! Have already checked out Taste, the Calamari and chips were to die for!! Will definitely check out Mona.
    Karen

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will be free some of tomorrow and Monday if you wanted to catch up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Congrats to your hubby & the crew, must've been an amazing experience. Enjoy Tassie, can't wait to see it one day.
    Canon EOS 450D twin IS lens kit
    A beginner, with an eagerness to learn...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I will be free some of tomorrow and Monday if you wanted to catch up
    Dam I wish I had checked this site one more time before I packed up my computer!! Sorry Rick I have only just seen your kind offer and I would have loved to catch up and meet a fellow Aper. I didn't end up looking at my computer again until I got home to Sydney....too busy having fun

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you get to MONA and what did you think? it got voted the best experience in the world for 2011.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did get to Mona! It was stinking hot and a big que to get in. I stood in line and bought tickets via my iphone and went straight to the front of the line and in!! It was described to me as being the most amazing, incredible,strange and repulsive experience all at the same time and I think that is a pretty accurate description!! I didn't allow anywhere near enough time to look at everything properly but was amazed at the money spent on the facility. Some big bucks went into it.
    My seven year olds favourite part was the defacating machine!! I was impressed that they warned you about the sections not suitable for children and they were clearly marked and seperate from the rest of the exhibits. Definitely worth the effort of going and I look forward to going again with more time and possibly child free!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehe. The great wall of vagina certainly is an 'interesting' experience. Some stunning Art and some that is just plain confronting. Pretty good museum for little old Hobart.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He he yes it was quite interesting! I commented to my husband that the artist had to have models for all of his umm works of art!! I always wonder who volunteers for that sort of thing!! or.. maybe they were paid models!
    Yes there was a lot of really confronting stuff for me some of it was borderline whether I personally consider it art or deranged!!
    Last edited by ktoopi; 12-01-2012 at 9:45am.