User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9

Thread: 2012 Copyright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2012 Copyright

Just a heads up reminder to change your Copyright Stamp to 2012 if you use one on your images , Just finished mine , Just sticking with the same format , only year change , All the best for next year - Bill

Image not for publication, Just missed the action
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill
    Happy New Year to you to.
    Did you create your Copyright stamp in PS? Can you describe how you did it please? I can't seem to get it right.
    Barbara

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wandapics_photography

K-x. Sigma 18-125mm 1:3.8 - 5.6 DC HSM, Sigma 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro, Sigma 100-300mm 1:4.5-6.7 DL. Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash,
    MZ-60. Adobe Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Ricks Tute is pretty much what I used , But I got the Copyright Symbol from the preset menu here , Make the new Document , Create a new Layer, PC , Shift U for the custom shape menu, Click on the third icon from the left , Press enter that will bring up the Custom shape picker with the copyright symbol , Drag out the copyright symbol and place in the new Document

It's pretty cool once it's added to the brush presets , One click and done
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by William; 31-12-2011 at 1:50pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get the © symbol, do Alt+0169. (That is, hold down Alt and hit 0169 on the number pad.)
    I don't bother with making a brush/stamp as my photographs can vary in size and I always want my name to be clear and sharp. I find that simply typing it in with the text tool is the best way. Saves fussing around with the more technical methods too.
    Just my 2c for anyone who wants options.
    [- Instagram -]

Nikon Slave... (D90 & D300S)
    -- CCs extremely welcome, further editing of my photos is not. Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    To get the © symbol, do Alt+0169. (That is, hold down Alt and hit 0169 on the number pad.)
    I don't bother with making a brush/stamp as my photographs can vary in size and I always want my name to be clear and sharp. I find that simply typing it in with the text tool is the best way. Saves fussing around with the more technical methods too.
    Just my 2c for anyone who wants options.

Using the brush method you can easily increase/decrease the size of the watermark, just the same as you can with any other brush. Select the brush and then use the [ key to decrease size and the ] key to increase the size. I resize my watermark brush all the time, using the [ ] keys. You can also use the eyedropper tool and select a colour from your photo, then select your watermark brush, to have the watermark in different colours.
    Last edited by ricktas; 01-01-2012 at 12:17pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also if you use your Copyright Brush on another layer you can change the Opacity of the Watermark to whatever suits the Image

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy New Years too Bill. I have not done in the past but think I may add the yr id to my signature from this yr.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question -does simply placing a copyright stamp on an image have any validity? I listened to a photography podcast recently (from US) which indicated that images actually have to be registered for copyright to be valid in a court of law.

Any thoughts?
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------
    Olympus OM-1, EM-1, Canon 5DMkII, and a few other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolie21 View Post
    A question -does simply placing a copyright stamp on an image have any validity? I listened to a photography podcast recently (from US) which indicated that images actually have to be registered for copyright to be valid in a court of law.

Any thoughts?
    To quote from the Australian Copyright Council...

There is no system of registration for copyright protection in Australia. Copyright protection does
    not depend upon registration, publication, a copyright notice, or any other procedure—the
    protection is free and automatic.
    A photograph is protected by copyright automatically from the moment it is taken.

If you go to their website they have a PDF for Photographers Copyright, very informative and not full of legal mumbo jumbo.

Oh and thanks for the reminder William, I'll have to update mine when I get home.
    Last edited by mikec; 03-01-2012 at 2:12pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolie21 View Post

Any thoughts?

My latest thought is it might make someone think twice before pinching it and using it somewhere else without my permission , (Stop the honest thieves ) if you know what I mean

@ Michael : Thanks for that info , I did think the Photographer owned the Copyright to the image they had taken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    My latest thought is it might make someone think twice before pinching it and using it somewhere else without my permission , (Stop the honest thieves ) if you know what I mean :
    That's why I use it on my images, not really for any other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    @ Michael : Thanks for that info , I did think the Photographer owned the Copyright to the image they had taken
    There are situations that change that though so don't take that as a blanket statement for all photographs. I suggest you read the full document that goes over the differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post i should get onto this asap.
    D810 Fujifilm XT1 XE1 infrared 590nm converted
    Glass : wide selection

Web: http://mellosphotography.com.au/
    Face Book : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mello...82637858468895
    500px : http://500px.com/MellosPhotography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reminder bill :P
    just have to change my action tonight - lucky I haven't actually taken any scapes in 2012 yet!
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export