Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Thanks/Like

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks/Like

Sunny6teen posted something that I liked. But I'm not grateful for it. Pooh! Not me.

However despite the Thanks / Like business under each post, I can only thank (bah!) this poster, I can't like their post in a manly and self-sufficient manner as is my wont.

This is annoying and I require you to fix it pronto.

er, thanks.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still tuning the system. In the CC there are two sorts of thanks.
    The mods in general don't want a Like button per se.

Once we settle on what we want I'll remove the Like text
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. But I like the idea of a "like" button. Also a "Don't like" button, a "No thanks" button and a "Your picture is fine apart from an elementary mistake in setting shutter speed/aperture" button. These would simplify matters enormously.

But thanks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Hmm. But I like the idea of a "like" button. Also a "Don't like" button, a "No thanks" button and a "Your picture is fine apart from an elementary mistake in setting shutter speed/aperture" button. These would simplify matters enormously.

But thanks.
    *Don't Like*

hehehe, how's that?

As Kym said the new add-on system gives us a lot of flexibility, so we have added a 'thanks for CC' to the members photo forums only, so that people can easily thank others for giving them good cc on their photos. At present we have 'thanks for this useful post' as well to cover when someone gives great advice.

We don't want to go with negative buttons, so things like Don't Like and No Thanks, will not happen. We also don't want to end up with so many buttons that they allow the people to take the simple path, rather than contributing to threads with a good and well thought out reply. Things like "nice photo" will not happen.

But, if members have suggestions for a button that will reduce site thread clutter, whilst ensuring it doesn't take away from active forum contributions, we are open to hearing about it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    *Don't Like*
    We also don't want to end up with so many buttons that they allow the people to take the simple path, rather than contributing to threads with a good and well thought out reply. Things like "nice photo" will not happen.
    is that not the case already? its far too easy to just click the 'Thanks for CC' in response to someones critique, this to me seems like a disengagement from the whole thread interaction. I would have thought that if you received great critique/feedback you would take the time and effort (just as the critiquer has) to respond and engage rather than just click a button.
    Some Nikon stuff... gerrys photo journey
    https://plus.google.com/+GerardBlacklock
    No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.