Hey all,

Looking for someone to help me out.

I'm trying to make a choice from two lenses:- Canon 10-22mm f3.5 Ultra wide or Canon 17-40mm f4 L Ultra wide, mostly for Landscape pics, with the occasional Portrait.

I shoot with a Canon 500D, which has the APS-C sensor......which makes me lean towards the 10-22mm, but the 'L' stamp is very attractive on the 17-40mm.

Price difference is very minimal, so i'm struggling to choose. Reviews & specs state that the 10-22mm has a slightly wider angle of view, but the 17-40mm will be superior for image quality....& features some water & dust protection.

The 17-40mm has the bigger zoom, but will be the equivilent to roughly 27mm base zoom, the 10-22mm being 16mm.

I have also looked at the equivilent lenses in Tamron, Sigma & Tokina. All the reviews seem to state that these are hit & miss....some like them, some hate them. I'm yet to read a bad review on either the 10-22 or 17-40....

So.....hoping that someone can offer some advice on which way i should swing. Any advice on these two lenses would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thoma.