Hey everyone, I've finally got around to printing some of my photos. I printed a wide selection of styles from night landscapes, to dogs to motorsport and portraits. It was remarkably easy, I ordered online, sent the files overnight Sunday night and the prints arrived today! It wasn't expensive either, I had around 35 prints done the smallest being around 10x8, the largest 18x12 and it came to around $120 and it was well worth it! Next time I think I'll take it up a notch and order a 40x20, I can't wait!

What I learnt though was that when you print big you get a different appreciation for your photos.

1. They are sharp!! In my opinion they look much nicer in print when compared with screen so stop pixel peeping!

2. You see your mistakes! Some photos I thought where pretty good on the screen, I had printed and as soon as I looked at them I thought "bugger, missed that. Should have done x y z, should have fixed that before printing". You will learn to look for different things.

3. You learn more about colour. Taking images from capture, to monitor, to print requires some attention to you digital workflow and colour spaces etc. Photos you produce you want out in the world looking the best they can. If someone prints one you want it to be right. Take the time to learn how to get consistent colours.

4. You see aspect ratios differently. The screen is very flexible, any size will do. But when printing you have some decisions to make. Some of my prints are going to be difficult to frame, next time I'll likely crop a little wider and think more about the aspect ratio especially when doing a series of photos.

5. BIG is AMAZING! I have a 27 inch monitor which is fabulous, but pull out an 18x12 print next to it and WOW!! You photos feel different, they feel substantial. The family love them, get them out there on display all the time! You photos look amazing, and it is INSPIRING!!!

So do it now, what are you waiting for...

PRINT BIG!!