User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: K5 and sigma lens problem and kennedy's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K5 and sigma lens problem and kennedy's

my 28-70 2.8 ex is giving me the pip.........I cant get it to focus properly at the 28mm, 34 or even 50mm.......70mm seems ok........it worked fine on my Pentax KM but not on my K5.......so has anybody dealt with Kennedy's over an issue like this. This is a replacement lens.......( replacing one that didnt work ) purchased originally 09/08/2010......at Camera house in Melbourne
    cheers
    Jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with my K-7 and my sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 macro. Sent both to Kennedy's (there were other issues with my camera as well) got them back the week before Christmas (within 2 weeks), all done under warranty and no charge. Camera all good but still not happy with the lens, but I think I'm expecting my lens to perform better than it actually can.
    Br Barry
    Flickr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] + 18-55WR + 50-200WR + Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 DC Macro
    Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG OS HSM + Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ?Barry.........I know this lens is as sharp as sharp at least on the KM/K2000........on the K5 its a dud

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kennedy's have a good reputation!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick.......I have never dealt with them......and as silly as it sounds I don't need to be told I am imagining it
    cheers
    Jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a front focus /back focus issue,you have in the camera adjustment for this, which can be applied to each lens, if you don`t feel comfortable doing this your self you can send the camera and lens to Kennedy`s for adjustment,maybe a phone call or email to them and seek their advice.

Jack.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think it is Jack.......I can achieve focus at 28mm and 34mm but above that is blurry not just front or back unfortunately sometimes the motor just doesn't seem to run??
    cheers
    Jan

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted Jan.

I've had my K5 for 2 days, and almost got it sorted, 'almost' being the operative word, so I hope it's a lens gliche.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jan, still contact Kennedy`s explain to them and they will sort it out, I have found them very helpful.

Jack.

ps I have a 28-70 sigma which works OK, but is soft at 2.8 on the longer focal lengths, but gets better stopped down have you tried this .
    Last edited by pixy; 03-01-2012 at 12:56am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixy View Post
    Jan, still contact Kennedy`s explain to them and they will sort it out, I have found them very helpful.

Jack.

ps I have a 28-70 sigma which works OK, but is soft at 2.8 on the longer focal lengths, but gets better stopped down have you tried this .
    Most lenses have a sweet spot, usually between about f8 and f14 where they are sharpest, and generally the further you go either side of the sweet spot, they become softer, so it is not uncommon to see lenses that are softer at f2.8 and f22, than mid range aperture values. Its just science.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My test shot were all at f8 which showed just how blurry it could be Will ring Kennedy this arvo.....phooey
    cheers
    Jan

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had trouble with a Sigma 70-200 2.8 lens that I bought when I was in Hong Kong in 2009. It was obviously a dud as it was back with CR Kennedy 14 times in the first 12 months and back to Sigma in Japan twice (it wouldn't auto focus). In the end Sigma replaced the lens and throughout all the problems, CR Kennedy were marvellous. If you are not happy with the lens, you will just keep taking it to them until a result can be found. I have since sold it and bought the Canon version, which I probably should have waited to buy, even if it meant saving for a little longer.