Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade to Enthusiast or Pro body

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the 1DMkIIN and the 1DsMkII. Both are superb bodies. As you know the N is a 1.3 crop, but great for sport. When I shot surfing with it I would often get a burst of 18 shots, great for capturing that special moment. The 1DsMkII was not as quick on the burst but still very good. For me, the 7D cannot compare to either of these superb pro bodies. And they have the bonus of being far more robust and waterproofed.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    Will do, that would be great, especially the bikes, as I ride.

Cheers
    Will have to wait a few months though, it's closed for upgrades at the moment.
    Ryan

D800 | Nikkor 24-70mm ƒ/2.8 | Cullmann Tripod |Manfrotto 680B Monopod | Lowepro Flipside 400 AW | 2x Yungnuo 560 flash & wireless trigger| FleaBay Lightstand, umbrella and collapsible softbox
    My Flickr site
    RSK Photography - Perth based Motorsport Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I've had the 1DMkIIN and the 1DsMkII. Both are superb bodies. As you know the N is a 1.3 crop, but great for sport. When I shot surfing with it I would often get a burst of 18 shots, great for capturing that special moment. The 1DsMkII was not as quick on the burst but still very good. For me, the 7D cannot compare to either of these superb pro bodies. And they have the bonus of being far more robust and waterproofed.
    Thanks Odille, I have played with a 1dsmk2 and was very impressed. Besides the burst what did you think was the most useful difference between the 1Dmk2 and the 7D?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
    Thanks Odille, I have played with a 1dsmk2 and was very impressed. Besides the burst what did you think was the most useful difference between the 1Dmk2 and the 7D?
    I just liked the feel of the 1D in the hand, and the controls seemed more intuitive to me. My friend Gail has a 7D and I think it is a bugger to use, the menus are difficult to find things in, and even with the price difference the pro body leaves it for dead. I don't know the burst rate on the 7D but using the 1DsMkII & 100-400L for surfing I have sequences of 6 in 5 seconds, but I often do pause slightly, it's hard to tell. It's more than a shot a second, one set of 3 says they were in the same second.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 7D in high speed continuous it is 8 Frames per second up to aprox 126 jpeg images, I have bursts of 20 shots in under 3 seconds of off road racers coming over jumps toward me and the supurb af system never missed a shot. That and the higher pixel density make it the ideal camera for what I do. Birds, wildlife and motorsrort.
    Keith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12