User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  18
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D4 - here it comes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the D4, I just want an AFS 80-400, I,m sick of my slow 80-400.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread; but I,m cranky.

Ross
    Ross. Nikon D810, Nikon D300s, Nikkor 18-200, , Nikon 105mm Micro lens. Nikon 200-500mm lens

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL on the ziess D4!

apart from the shopped garbage of phone and nero buttons and BR tray, that screen woudl be a ripper and the setup of all the other stuff looks nice.
    A touch screen for navigation and camera control would be cool in place of the joystick controller.

Handiest button tho is definitely the umbrella button!
    Probably dual use as a flash bounce device and as an all weather protective device
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll believe it once it is announced via the Nikon website. All others are just a bunch of speculators. NR have disappointed me several times throughout 2011. All they do is adjust the date if their "prediction" is wrong.
    Best regards,

Glenn
    My flickr
    My Gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

According to Nikonrumors.com there is a press article dated 10/01/12 that shows the D4 is being released, probably on Jan 8th as previously noted with full retail price at $6K ($US I assume) but expect a bit less actual once they start hitting shelves. The specs are also there, and to be honest while the video may be better, slightly higher resolution and ISO, I can't see the value in this at almost $6K when mint D3s bodies with very low shutter counts are selling for a fraction above $4K.

NR also say they are now 90% sure the pics leaked a few weeks back will be the real deal.

Also the release of the anticipated 85/1.8G @ $500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    UPDATE:

According to Nikonrumors.com there is a press article dated 10/01/12 that shows the D4 is being released, probably on Jan 8th as previously noted with full retail price at $6K ($US I assume) but expect a bit less actual once they start hitting shelves. The specs are also there, and to be honest while the video may be better, slightly higher resolution and ISO, I can't see the value in this at almost $6K when mint D3s bodies with very low shutter counts are selling for a fraction above $4K.

NR also say they are now 90% sure the pics leaked a few weeks back will be the real deal.

Also the release of the anticipated 85/1.8G @ $500

brand new D3s body is $4485AUD from DWI, and hovers around $4500AUD average overseas, and 2nd hand D3s overseas are definitely under 4 grand.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just acquired a new K5 so I don't give a Rats !
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    brand new D3s body is $4485AUD from DWI, and hovers around $4500AUD average overseas, and 2nd hand D3s overseas are definitely under 4 grand.
    Show me a mint, low shutter count one sub $4K and I will buy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Show me a mint, low shutter count one sub $4K and I will buy it.

go search on www.fredmiranda.com, I have seen a few lately due to announcements of the D4, with the original D3 being dumped at good prices.

why buy a 2nd hand one for just under 4k when you can buy one from DWI for $4485?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a good buy. Why risk buying other peoples problems.?
    If I had the cash (and an understanding wife ) , I'd be online now ordering a D3s before my Inner Circle has melted the ice.
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go search on www.fredmiranda.com, I have seen a few lately due to announcements of the D4, with the original D3 being dumped at good prices.

why buy a 2nd hand one for just under 4k when you can buy one from DWI for $4485?
    It's one of the places I have bought and sold a fair bit of gear, and there has been 1 only in the past weeks that was $3950, but far from mint, and lots of shutter actuations. There are several right now, at the price I quoted, fractionally above $4K for 1 or 2 and more than a new one from DWI for others.

I figure, mint with 2-3K actuations would be worth the $500+ saving over the DWI one if such could be had for that price, but all my persistent searching and very close watching of FM has shown it can't quite yet be done. I think if the D4 is on shelves for very close to US$6K, the price of the D3s both used and remaining new stock may go up! I'm also tempted to wait and see if the D700 replacement appears soon after and what those specs are...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure, mint with 2-3K actuations would be worth the $500+ saving over the DWI one if such could be had for that price
    Once again, I am curious over your rationality in 'wanting' to save half a grand by buying a SECOND HAND product over a NEW PRODUCT at a $500 difference, you would rather buy from an individual mostly likely over in the US, compared to a highly reputable online shop with reps in all major states in Australia, including your local state? I dont understand the rationale of spending a very high amount for your equipment, yet wanting to save a measly $500 to buy a high end camera (with high end repair/servicing charges) from an individual in another country in a 2nd hand condition - mint or not it is still 2nd hand, when you can buy one brand new and un-used and comes from the same factory with fresh warranty.....for $500 more......hmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *double post error*
    Last edited by JM Tran; 06-01-2012 at 2:40am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in mag review, need to be able to read french

http://i.imgur.com/XOOOX.jpg
    Some Nikon stuff... gerrys photo journey
    https://plus.google.com/+GerardBlacklock
    No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again, I am curious over your rationality in 'wanting' to save half a grand by buying a SECOND HAND product over a NEW PRODUCT at a $500 difference, you would rather buy from an individual mostly likely over in the US, compared to a highly reputable online shop with reps in all major states in Australia, including your local state? I dont understand the rationale of spending a very high amount for your equipment, yet wanting to save a measly $500 to buy a high end camera (with high end repair/servicing charges) from an individual in another country in a 2nd hand condition - mint or not it is still 2nd hand, when you can buy one brand new and un-used and comes from the same factory with fresh warranty.....for $500 more......hmmmmm
    The warranty you note JT is DWI's warranty, not Nikon's and I don't know how good or bad that would be?? I have bought things from very reputable, highly praised and long time members at FM who have not registered Nikon warranty cards, they have the invoice with no buyers name on it, and so balance of the USA warranty applies, and that's Nikon USA warranty, not a grey market seller warranty.

$500 is certainly not a huge sum, but any saving is a good one. As noted, I am waiting to see what the D4 will cost once on the shelf, and what if any D700 replacement may pop up before dropping the $$. If a bargain D3s were to appear, I may be tempted, but for a D3s from DWI @ $4500 Vs a D4 @ say $5500, I would spend the extra $1K and get a brand new D4, instead of a D3s which is an almost 2/12 year old model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The warranty you note JT is DWI's warranty, not Nikon's and I don't know how good or bad that would be?? I have bought things from very reputable, highly praised and long time members at FM who have not registered Nikon warranty cards, they have the invoice with no buyers name on it, and so balance of the USA warranty applies, and that's Nikon USA warranty, not a grey market seller warranty.

$500 is certainly not a huge sum, but any saving is a good one. As noted, I am waiting to see what the D4 will cost once on the shelf, and what if any D700 replacement may pop up before dropping the $$. If a bargain D3s were to appear, I may be tempted, but for a D3s from DWI @ $4500 Vs a D4 @ say $5500, I would spend the extra $1K and get a brand new D4, instead of a D3s which is an almost 2/12 year old model.
    that would be Nikon HK or Nikon Japan's warranty, or wherever any Nikon or Canon etc is sold from, a seller such as DWI does not offer warranty from factory themselves, but act as the go-between in facilitating any repairs or servicing required, like Harvey Norman selling Sony products. Just like when customers came into the Camera House I was at for thing they had bought duty free overseas or from grey importers - we tell them you have the choice of either returning it to the manufacturer themselves, or to the store where you bought it from - it doesnt make much of a difference as long as there is a proof of purchase and a warranty/ID card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0106_flagship_01.htm

TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the Nikon D4, a Nikon FX-format camera that serves as the new flagship model in Nikon's lineup of digital-SLR cameras. Nikon will be exhibiting the D4 at the 2012 International CES, to be held Tuesday, January 10 through Friday, January 13 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This electronics exhibition is open to the public.

The D4 is equipped with a new Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor (imaging size of 36.0 x 23.9 mm) and EXPEED 3, the latest image-processing engine specifically optimized for digital-SLR cameras, making it the next-generation flagship Nikon digital-SLR camera with the ultimate in versatility and functionality that offers superior image quality rich in detail along with excellent high-speed performance. It has an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels, and offers superior image quality under a broad range of lighting conditions with its image sensor supporting an incredible range of sensitivities from ISO 50 to ISO 204800
    http://www.nikon.com/news/2012/0106_...mm_f18g_01.htm

TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G, a fast, medium-telephoto fixed focal length lens with a focal length of 85 mm and a maximum aperture of f/1.8 compatible with the Nikon FX-format.

The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is the new addition to the FX-format lens lineup. It utilizes an all new optical design allowing users to enjoy shooting portraits with pleasing blur characteristics only possible through fixed focal length lenses. Even with a fast maximum aperture of f/1.8, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G is very lightweight at roughly 350 g, allowing users to easily carry their camera around with this lens mounted. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures not only quiet autofocus operations, but also makes autofocus shooting possible when the lens is used with entry-level Nikon DX-format digital-SLR cameras such as the D5100 and D3100, which are not equipped with an autofocus drive motor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited, as Gerry had just beaten me to it.

Looks good, even though I'm a Canon git. :-)
    Last edited by Butts; 06-01-2012 at 4:32pm.
    I've drowned 3 cameras, bounced off a reef and lost 2 front teeth, had various fin chops and am really starting to feel OLD!

But.....................................still love shooting the curl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butts View Post
    edited, as Gerry had just beaten me to it.

Looks good, even though I'm a Canon git. :-)
    sorry dude, i hate when that happens

I am glad they went for the 16megapixel sensor, that i think was a prudent choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallelujah !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast