If you are mainly doing still life, get yourself the 60D rather than the 7D.
The flip-out screen of the 60D is great to use in the studio, and the quality of the images is exactly the same as they both use the same sensor and the same processor.
The advantages of the 7D are its metal body (not really an advantage as far as I'm concerned) and it's faster focussing on moving objects, which isn't really required with your main genre.
The 60d will save you money too which can towards a good head for your tripod or another flash.

I have found a good head to usefor still life is the Manfrotto Junior geared head as it allows you to do very precise adjustments to the camera and is also very stable.
Youngu and Nissin both make good flashes that work well with the 60D including the wireless functions.
For studio work you will need 2 flashes and some soft boxes and/or umbrellas.

The Canon 60mm F2.8 macro is a fantastic lens to use in the studio too and wil allow you to do really clear, crisp close-ups as well as lots of other stuff, and it isn't too long to use in a studio.
I use it all the time in my small studio for shots of handbags and other small leathergoods, and the results are superb.