Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humble Start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humble Start

Our first day at the Markets yesterday at Burleigh Heads : http://thevillagemarketsgc.com.au/ab...ashion-market/ , This is a shot of our stall, We have to get some banners made up for next time and a better way to display our product , Sold a few prints , Which was good , Our internet site will be up and running Mid January , I guess you could say this is step One , Humble beginnings , But you have to start somewhere - Bill

PS : BTW Thats my son Joel (JSP) and my partner Karen working hard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by William; 19-12-2011 at 11:37am.
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ideas for a hanging system for the framed work, but I have to get my mate to knock up some sort of shelving for the sticky boarded prints?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the market at the primary school, mate, if so I'll see you there next time its on. I am hoping to be home for most of January ( probably dillusional)
    Andrew
    D700, D5000, Various Nikon and Sigma Lenses and lots of other expensive thingys with buttons and knobs (some even go Bing !!)
    www.andrewplacephotography.com.au

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Andrew, L/H side on the lower road heading north, Be good to see you there as well and to meet you , Bring a heap of Friends
    Last edited by William; 19-12-2011 at 12:06pm.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh , you would think it was Mongo’s own business – he is just wrapped and thrilled for you Bill. Great believer that talent, passion and effort should always be deservedly rewarded. Mongo hopes your business really takes off and most of all, makes you happy.

Remember we small Mongos when you make BIG

BTW just think of all the things (present and future) that have just potentially become tax deductible !!
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is wonderful Bill and all the Best to you all

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From little things, big things grow! Best wishes for the venture, Bill, and I hope you have great success!
    Michaela

Comments and critique always welcome and appreciated.

My photos on Flickr
    Canon 5D Mk III | 7D | Assorted Canon Lenses

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very excited for you Bill. I wonder if you bought a couple of black cloths to drape over the tables would maybe enhance the display of images. I would even go as far as placing a few seaside props on the table - eg. nice shells, star fish, fish netting, etc. I used to display my pottery for sale at market stalls and I was always pleased I went that little bit further in putting on a good display - I used to get lots of comments about it and quite a few sales. You may think it's a "girlie" thing to do though.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Narelle, All ideas and tips taken on board, I dont care if it's a Girly thing, If it makes sales. fine by me !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill, sorry I have been MIA for a while, work has been totally insane and with the lead up to christmas I think the definination of time for me has been forgotton - I just hope that I can still remember how to use the cameral...lol! -definately looking forward to the chrissy break!

Congratulations Bill that is awesome! well done! Have to agree with Narelle about the cloths and a few props, that would make your work pop out & people will be attracted to it because they can see what it might look like hanging in their home. Its so true that from little things big things grow! You deserve to do really well...Good on you Bill...

Deb

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on ya mate!

I hope it takes off and exceeds your wildest expectations.

I did the local market circuit for a couple of years and it can be very good at times. but a little hard to predict. Like one trip you do bugger all. and then the next time round you run out of stock.

Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kev, I'm expecting our main sales will be off the Web Site with the Shopping cart set up, Funny thing I did have some enquiries regarding tutition in this kind of Seascaping as well , Something to look at PS : Already got people signing up to recieve the daily Email
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by William; 19-12-2011 at 3:58pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice family portrait....er landscape Bill. Hard work those markets...did a little bit long ago with wood. I wish you all the very best in your venture.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with everyone else, when I'm sure you go ahead in leaps and bounds Bill!
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too wish you all the very best for a successful market experience and agree with Nikon Nellie the black cloth will enhance the display. Good Luck Bill. Elvie

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bill, looking good, I have a "crazy" friend who sells artwork at those and other local markets, I'll let her know your there and to keep an eye out for you, she may have some tips to pass on.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck for everything!
    Crumpler 5 Million Dollar + Canon EOS 7D + Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM, Manfrotto tripod
    Previous owned gear: Canon EOS 400D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM, Macro Canon EF 35mm f/2, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Tamron 55-250m, Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 USM Macro, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Bill, congrats on the stall & web venture. Looks impressive and looking forward to seeing how it all goes in the future. Wishing you the very best

Roy

5D MkIII gripped; EF 17-40 f/4L; EF 24-105 f/4L; EF 50 f/1.8; EF 135 f/2L; 580EXII; Manfrotto 055XPROB & 308RC ballhead; Computrekker Plus AW
    My Photobucket / My flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Bill, all the best for your new adventure, you will do well as you are doing what you love. Small business is great, been in it for 36 yrs, hard work at times but satisfying. A good time, just before christmas.
    Merry Christmas and cheers for 2012...
    Rosemary

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Bill, looks like you are off to a good start. Hope it takes you where you want to go.
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast